We offer simple REST and OGC services to directly query MGDS for data and metadata.
MGDS Digital Catalog Metadata
ISO19115 metadata records are downloadable on each data set landing page.Click here to view metadata records for all MGDS Data Sets
- Seismic Metadata -- View metadata for seismic data sets by cruise:
- MGDS WFS - access our global catalog of station events (cores and dredges, camera tows, CTD stations, instrument deployments, etc.), line events (e.g. seismic lines), and launch events (e.g. dives, towed instrument deployments, flights).
We also provide access to select data via KML.
File Download Services
We offer an API for querying for file metadata and downloading files and tar bundles directly from MGDS.
- MGDS FileServer provides access to file and data set level metadata from MGDS including detailed file boundary geometries. This service allows for discovery of data files identifiers for direct download using FileDownloadServer.
- MGDS FileDownloadServer provides a direct interface to download single files in MGDS. Use FileServer to find the data file identifiers for files of interest and retrieve them with this service. Please ensure that all downloaded files include the provided data provenance README file for downstream use and proper data citation.
- MGDS ArchiveDownloadServer provides a direct interface to download full data sets or up to 10 unrelated files in MGDS as a tar archive. Please ensure that all downloaded files include the provided data provenance README file for downstream use and proper data citation.
MGDS VocabServer exposes our controlled vocabularies:
MGDS Search API
The MGDS Search API exposes our search interface backend: