- University-National Oceanographic Laboratory System (UNOLS) – an organization of 61 academic institutions and National Laboratories involved in oceanographic research and joined for the purpose of coordinating oceanographic ship schedules and research facilities.
- National Deep Submergence Facility (NDSF) – Operates the deep submegence vehicles HOV Alvin, ROV Jason 2, and AUV Sentry. Based at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- Research Ship Locations
- UNOLS Ship Schedules
- Rolling Deck to Repository (R2R) – a central shore-side gateway through which routine underway data from oceanographic expeditions conducted aboard the U.S. Academic Research Fleet are routinely cataloged and securely transmitted to the national long-term archives including the National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) and National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC).
- EarthChem – Provides access to geochemistry data in federated databases.
- SedDB – Database for marine sediment geochemistry.
- PetDB – Database for geochemical and petrological sample-based data.
- GeoRoc – German database for Geochemistry of rocks.
Geology & Geophysics
- PANGAEA – Publishing Network for Geoscientific & Environmental Data basd in Germany.
- Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) Data Site
- System for Earth SAmple Registration (SESAR) – a centralized registry that provides and administers unique identifiers for Geoscience samples - the International Geo Sample Number IGSN.
- SISMERis the Designated National Oceanographic Data Centre for France (French NODC) for the International Oceanographic Data Exchange program (IODE) of UNESCO Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission and includes marine physics, chemistry, underway geophysics and general information on French oceanographic cruises and data sets.
- Center for Coastal & Ocean Mapping – Joint Hydrographic Center at the University of New Hampshire. Develops and evaluates a wide range of hydrographic and ocean mapping technologies and applications, and performs hydrographic surveys throughout the world.
- Hawaii Mapping Research Group – Operates several mapping systems and provides an online repository with access to bathymetry and sidescan datasets.
- Multibeam Advisory Committee – The Multibeam Advisory Committee (MAC) is a community-based effort with the goal of ensuring consistent high-quality multibeam data are collected across the U.S. Academic Research Fleet.
- National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) – Provides geophysical data describing the solid earth, marine, and solar-terrestrial environment, as well as earth observations from space.
- Ocean Mapping Group at the Unviersity of New Brunswick, Canada. Focused on developing new and innovative techniques and tools for the management, processing, visualization and interpretation of ocean mapping data.
- SIO Geological Data Center– Provides access to a collection of shipboard geophysical data and supporting datasets.
- WHOI Multibeam Bathymetry
Topography & Geodesy
- USGS GTOPO30 a global terrestrial digital elevation model (DEM) with a horizontal grid spacing of 30 arc seconds (approximately 1 kilometer).
- Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) elevation data on a near-global scale to generate the most complete high-resolution digital topographic database of Earth.
- International Bathymetric Chart of the Arctic Ocean a digital data base that contains bathymetric data north of 64 degrees North, for use by mapmakers, researchers, and others whose work requires a detailed and accurate knowledge of the depth and the shape of the Arctic seabed.
- BEDMAPSCAR Subglacial Topographic Model of the Antarctic
- Japan GPS Data – Monitoring crustal movement in real time.
- Space Geodetic Velocity Field – Linking existing geodetic networks throughout the western United States.
- Smith & Sandwell Predicted and measured seafloor topography
- usSEABED database provides data on sediment and rock distributions in the waters off the United States.
- NGDC Marine & Lacustrine Samples – Database to help researchers locate sea floor and lakebed cores, grabs, dredges, and drill samples from multiple repositories.
- dbSEABED – Detailed mappings of the materials that make the seafloor.
- LDEO Deep Sea Sample Repository – Archive of sediment and rocks from beneath the ocean floor.
- SEDCORE – GIS tool to explore the sea floor samples collection at WHOI.
- Smithsonian – Worldwide Holocene Volcano and Eruption Information.