We deliver catalogs, maps, and data through standard programmatic interfaces including:
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) WxS Services
- GMRT GridServer & ImageServer
- MGDL Catalog Services
- OpenSearch Services
We also provide access to select data via KML.
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) WxS Services
WxS Services can be used for live access to many of our data holdings. We use the MapServer software platform as our backend. A variety of OGC-enabled clients are available, both freeware and commercial, including the User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS (uDig), GeoMapApp, Gaia,NASA World Wind, and ArcGIS.
- Mercator, GMRT v2.x
- South Polar Stereo GMRT v1 (content static since January 2011)
GMRT GridServer and GMRT ImageServer
GMRT GridServer is a REST-like service for direct access to gridded data from the GMRT Synthesis. Requested data may be up to 2GB, or approximately 20 by 20 degrees at 100 meters per node (maximum available resolution). A variety of output formats are supported. more information about the service is available from its documentation page.
GMRT ImageServer provides access to images from the GMRT Synthesis. Requested images may be up to 8000 pixels in either dimension and are returned as jpegs.
Marine-Geo Digital Library Catalog Services
- Marine-Geo Digital Library Digital Catalog Metadata
- Seismic Metadata -- View metadata for seismic data sets by cruise:
- Marine Geo Digital Library VocabServer exposes controlled vocabularies:
Our OpenSearch collection-level service provides XML records as an Atom feed. The service URL template (where XXX is typically a cruise ID) is: http://www.marine-geo.org/api/opensearch/1.1/collection/XXX