We offer a variety of web services for different components of our data system:
We also provide access to select data via KML.
Global Multi-Resolution Topography (GMRT)
GMRT Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) WxS Services
- Mercator, GMRT v3.x
- South Polar Stereo, GMRT v3.x
GMRT REST-type Services
GMRT GridServer is a REST-type service for direct access to gridded
data from the GMRT Synthesis.
Requested data may be up to 2GB, or approximately 20 by 20 degrees
at 100 meters per node (maximum available resolution). A variety of
output formats are supported. more information about the service is
available from its documentation page.
(Output formats: GMT3 NetCDF, COARDS compliant NetCDF, ESRI ASCII, and GeoTIFF)
GMRT ImageServer provides access to images from the
GMRT Synthesis. Requested
images may be up to 8000 pixels in either dimension.
(Output format: jpeg)
GMRT Profile Server provides access to bathymetry profiles from the
Profiles are currently 100 points and can be specified as a single
line or a multiline segment.
(Output formats: json, geojson, plain text)
GMRT Point Server provides access to point data from the
Point data is retrieved from the highest resolution data available.
(Output formats: json, geojson, plain text, xml)
Marine-Geo Digital Library
We offer simple REST and OGC services to directly query our Digital Library for data and metadata.
- Marine-Geo Digital Library Digital Catalog Metadata
- Seismic Metadata -- View metadata for seismic data sets by cruise:
- MGDS WFS - access our global catalog of station events (cores and dredges, camera tows, CTD stations, instrument deployments, etc.), line events (e.g. seismic lines), and launch events (e.g. dives, towed instrument deployments, flights).
File Download Services
We offer an API for querying for file metadata and downloading files and tar bundles directly from the MGDL.
- MGDS FileServer provides access to file and data set level metadata from the Marine-Geo Digital Library including detailed file boundary geometries. This service allows for discovery of data files identifiers for direct download using FileDownloadServer.
- MGDS FileDownloadServer provides a direct interface to download single files in the Marine-Geo Digital Library. Use FileServer to find the data file identifiers for files of interest and retrieve them with this service. Please ensure that all downloaded files include the provided data provenance README file for downstream use and proper data citation.
- MGDS ArchiveDownloadServer provides a direct interface to download full data sets or up to 10 unrelated files in the Marine-Geo Digital Library as a tar archive. Please ensure that all downloaded files include the provided data provenance README file for downstream use and proper data citation.
Marine-Geo Digital Library VocabServer exposes our controlled vocabularies:
Our OpenSearch collection-level service provides XML records as an Atom feed. The service URL template (where XXX is typically a cruise ID) is: http://www.marine-geo.org/api/opensearch/1.1/collection/XXXe.g. http://www.marine-geo.org/api/opensearch/1.1/collection/EW9207